CV - ENGLISH / ITALIAN
- participation in the creation and care of an exhibition organized by the "Vignato Foundation for Art", in Vicenza
- participation in a public collective exhibition with four photographic works, at Bocciodromo (Vicenza)
- Collective exhibition with collaboration of the photographic group ADF at the Antica osteria Trastevere (Vicenza) during the Jazz Festival
- Publication of a personal project "Violent Youth" on a paper / online magazine by BlueLit
- Publication of a personal project "Violent Youth" by an online collective "Fashion Grunge" (attached as a folder)
- Work involvement at Kiev, Ukraine during Design Week 2017
- Admitted to pre-selections for admission to the "Master of Photography" contest including 10 photographers exclusively selected, in 11th place.
- Work experience at two fashion shows by fashion designer Mario Dice as backstage photographer
- Publication of a visual communication project "behind third parties" on venezia.it and other local portals (in collaboration with Marina Marques and Matteo DeLuca)
- Publication of personal works on blackhaus casadiringhiera (online magazine)
- Personal exhibition, YPOSXOME at L’Idea showroom (Piazza Dei Signori 56, Vicenza), curated by Robert Phillips
- Fabricante at FABRICA, in Treviso, during Michelle Mallard's curatorship as artistic director and during the return of Oliviero Toscani as Fabrica's department head, later thanks to this experience we participated in several workshops with Jonathan DeVilliers, Rejene DalBello, Anastasia Panayiotidou, Erik Kessel and others
- Participation during the Nantes Festival during "NANTES UTOPIALES HACKATON, 2 & 3 November 2018> AsterIdea> BE HUMAN IN SPACE"
- participation as assistant photographer at the VENEZIA PHOTO with VINCENT PETERS and
- exhibition with the collective FROM DISCO TO DISCO with other photographers at Tela Bianca (Vicenza)
- selected for a collective exhibition for Vittorio Sgarbi and his iniative I MILLE DI SGARBI
- exhibition with KLIM KUTSEVSKYY AND EMANUELE CANTO', for APERITIVO AL VERDE
6 months period in the department of “Art 'n Sound “ at NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences (Leeuwarden, Netherlands)
- Publication on C41 Magazine, article about Icaro I short film (Alexander Papadopoulos explores himself between the earth and the sun)
- Publication on YOGURT: QUARANTINE FLAVOUR with other 87 internation photographers and artists
- Art Residency VACANT ZONE with Zoya Shokoohi (artist/curator), Matteo Innocenti (curator) and Payal Arya (artist), lasting 9 months
- Publication on Quaderni #1 Derive “Per un immaginario del camminare”, the new issue of Quaderni magazine organized by UBIF collective and part of seventeen authors on the theme of walking and its ability to activate visual processes
Alexander Dimitrios Papadopoulos (alias Iskander) (Italy/Greece, 1996) graduated with a BA degree in New Technology of Arts in the department of Visual Arts from the Academy of Fine Arts of Venice in 2021. Iskander is an alias that moves itself through the digital and non-digital world. It’s the simple result of a father's choice for a name, Alexander, that in Greek means “Defender of Mankind”, but reading it within his eastern variant.
Iskander is a symbol for conjunction, a mixture between western and eastern societies, from political and social themes to self-exploration, from photography to video installation and performances. His research within himself and his surroundings, from the common to the sacred, and especially the connection with his origins, are all dominant themes of his works.
Through his art practice he had the opportunity to exhibit his first solo exhibition -yposkome- (I promise) at L'idea showroom in 2018 curated by Robert Philips. Subsequently she participated as a resident of Fabrica under the artistic direction of Michelle Mallard and with the tutoring of Benetton and Oliviero Toscani, participating in numerous workshops with Jonathan DeVilliers, Rejene DalBello, Anastasia Panayiotidou, Erik Kessel and others. Later she participated in the Nantes festival of -NANTES UTOPIALES HACKATON, 2 & 3 November 2018> AsterIdea> BE HUMAN IN SPACE- in group with Yazgi Demirbas and other writers, architects and other interested, all under the assistance of Julien Cantegreil and the support of Didier Schmitt.
Through numerous inter-work experiences he has dealt with some publications of his photographic works present in the initiative of the Mille di Sgarbi, in the exhibitions of -Aperitivo al Verde- and in some articles of C41 Magazine,Yoghurt Magazine and UBIF between 2018 and 2021.
Recently his works focus on sound installations such as -A Message From Home- of 2019, through the exploration of image and memory through the sound and exhibition apparatus, thus including works estranged from their physical context and with a purely sound form. (blueshift, the fifth mood and journey to the center of the sun). His last work dates back to the beginning of 2021 with his first short film - the black sun - accepted for the selection SHORT FILM CORNER in Cannes.